The world is on the edge of great changes, and we are all being called to participate. For decades Jean Houston has been exploring ways to realize the fullest potential of the human body and spirit–ways to access our inner resources to create new realities. This was accomplished by the remarkable wisdom of ancient Egypt, and here Houston describes how we can learn from its history and images. “We are all coded with the universe; we’re coded with tremendous amounts of information,” she says, and “Whatever the brain can organize, the body can execute.” Prepare for new horizons to open wide as you listen to her insights into our future from ancient times.
Houston is co-director of the Foundation for Mind Research, and the author of many books including The Passion of Isis and Osiris (Ballantine 1995) and A Mythic Life: Learning to Live Our Greater Story (HarperSanFrancisco 1996).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How to create new realities by accessing inner resources
- What Seth and Osiris symbolize for modern lives
- The marvels of ancient Egyptian civilization
- Houston’s encounter with a possibly life-threatening chest lump
- The profound symbolism of trees in world mythology
- Awakening the life in our spine and brain
- How Feldenkrais movement work expands body ability
- Cooking with the “gastronomic clock” meditation
- The difference between hierarchy and heterarchy
Program Number: 2562 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 1/29/1996