Do you often need caffeine or sugar to get yourself through the workday? Do you have frequent neck or upper back pain? Do allergies plague your days? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are among the millions of Americans who suffer from toxicity. Over the past 30 years, Dr. Elson Haas has developed and practiced the concept of Integrated Medicine. Since 1975, he has been devoted to healing through the process of detoxification and cleansing. Dr. Haas considers detoxification to be “the missing link in the American diet.” He is a physician who practices cooperative medicine, guiding and supporting his patients, rather than telling or dictating what is good for them. “Illness represents conflict. What are our bodies guiding us to do?”
Dr. Elson Haas has transformed thousands of patient’s lives through his practice, workshops, and books. He directs the Preventive Medical Center of Marin in San Rafael, California and is the author of Staying Healthy with the Seasons (Celestial Arts 1981), Staying Healthy with Nutrition (Celestial Arts 1992), and The New Detox Diet: The Complete Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans (Celestial Arts 2005). To learn more about the work of Elson Haas go to www.elsonhaas.com
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- What is detoxification and how can it improve my life?
- How is traditional medicine different from conventional medicine?
- Why is the “Master Lemonade Cleanse” so powerful?
- How are food allergies different from food reactions?
- How getting away from refined sugars and tapping into nature can exponentially alter your life.
- What is the sensitive seven?
Program Number: 3131 Host: Bec Kageyama Interview Date: 1/20/2006