From his home in London, this is the third in a rare and fascinating series of talks with one of the giants of the 20th century, the late, Sir Laurens Van der Post, whose life is an inspiration. Adventurer, soldier, statesman, writer and philosopher, Van der Post addresses the major issues of our time–and the results are riveting. In this third section includes an interview with Jane Bedford, longtime assistant and collaborator of Sir Laurens.
Adventurer, soldier, statesman, writer and philosopher, and the author of many books, his latest is Feather Fall: The Essence of a Lifetime’s Writing from One of Our Century’s Most Respected Figures (Wm. Morrow 1994).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- Sir Laurens’s views on China, Asia and the East
- What is humankind’s collective and individual dream
- What is the emergence of new meaning and hope for the future
- What are the alchemical aspects of suffering
- How he handles mountains of correspondence
- What is his thought-provoking outlook, at age 86, on living and dying
- A view of Sir Laurens as described by Jane Bedford, his longtime assistant
Program Number: 2475 Hosted by: Michael Toms Interview Date: 5/1/1994