“The more of your dark side that you can embrace, the more of your light you receive,” explains Debbie Ford, workshop leader, consultant and faculty member of the Chopra Center for Well Being. Ford explains that to live an integral life, a grander whole, you must first blend all the aspects of who you are – the light along with the dark, the positive along with the negative. “We are a society that is taught to point our fingers in blame, to blame our parents, to blame our schools – I think that blame is us not doing our own work.” Something as devastating as the end of a marriage can actually be a spiritual wake-up call-an opportunity to liberate ourselves and transform our lives and turn ruin into renewal. Join Michael Toms and Debbie Ford as they focus on self-healing and self-discovery through the light and the shadow.
Ford is the bestselling author of The Dark Side of the Light Chasers (Riverhead 2000) and Spiritual Divorce: Divorce as a Catalyst for an Extraordinary Life (HarperSanFrancisco 2001).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How you can transform your life by embracing your shadow side
- How addiction can take on many forms from drugs and alcohol to busyness, drama and food
- Learn how addiction can also be one of your greatest teachers
- What are the seven spiritual laws of healing
- Learn how to ask the key questions of your shadow side and know what it is trying to tell you
Program Number: 2865 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 3/14/2001