Would you like to know six simple dietary changes that will improve your physical and spiritual health? Listen to this conversation with Dr. Gabriel Cousens and find out what those changes are as well as be informed how eating pesticide-laden foods affects your neurological function. Cousens even goes so far as to propose that the way we eat can lead to peace in the world, “Peace of the body becomes peace of the mind . . . Peace of the mind becomes peace with our family. If our blood sugar is steady and our mind is clear, we’re certainly going to get along better. From peace with the family we start to talk about peace with the community, peace with all cultures, and peace with the ecology.” Is fasting or being vegetarian for you? This far ranging conversation will shed light on such questions and more.
Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D. (H), is a graduate of Columbia Medical School, a licensed psychiatrist and family therapist, and a licensed homeopathic physician in the state of Arizona. He is the founder of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Patagonia, Arizona, and the Essene Order of Light, a nonprofit organization. Dr. Cousens’ books include Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine (North Atlantic Books 2003) and Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and Awakening of Kundalini Energy (North Atlantic Books 2004).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- What six simple dietary changes can improve your physical and spiritual health
- How eating pesticide-laden foods affects your physical health and your neurological function
- Why Pythagoras and Jesus were advocates of vegetarianism
- How fasting can shift your consciousness
- Why the foods you choose to eat can affect the consciousness of the planet
- How you can find the unique way your own heart opens to the divine
Program Number: 3056 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 8/2/2004