If there is a line in our life, above which we feel enliven and energized and below which we feel drained and exhausted, where would you want to live? The Hawks share practical advice to help us live a more vibrant life in work and relationships and to create the life you truly want. In order to be more effective in our lives we must understand the three energy fields in which we live. The Hawks also encourage us to have “strategic allies” and describe the process of “peer coaching”. They tell us, “We are all going to have moments where we are blinded by our own dark sides so we need strategic allies… All of us can get caught up and lose track of our dream.” It is important to “have someone around who stays open to what lights us up, who knows what it is that we are energized by, someone who is there to remind us of that when we are in the midst of that monkey mind of ‘I can’t do this.’” (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Cathy Hawk is founding partner of Clarity International®, a coaching and training firm that teaches skills in how to see, sense, and use energy as a primary life and work strategy. As a veteran energy coach, Cathy developed an innovative interview and image-feedback process called Light-On Learning™ method. This allows her clients to see themselves with clarity and connect to their purpose in order to go into intentional action. Gary Hawk is managing partner of Clarity International® and serves as an executive coach and mentor for CEOs, business owners, and senior executives. Since 1994, Gary has also facilitated peer groups for business owners and senior executives. These groups provide a safe harbor for business owners to discuss the sensitive issues and challenges of leading and running a business.
Together they are co-authors of:
- Get Clarity, The Lights-On Guide to Manifesting Success in Life and Work (Cathy & Gary Hawk 2012) and the companion booklet Shift
To learn more about the work of Cathy & Gary Hawk go to www.getclarity.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How can we recognize when we are truly “lit up” in our lives
- What is the “Clarity Attention Guide” and how can it help change our “self-talk” from draining our energy to enlivening our energy
- How can we learn to delegate when we tend to be a “control freak”
- What are the three fields of energy that humans access everyday How can we be intentional in every circumstance we encounter in our day
- What “strategic allies” and why do we need them
- What is peer coaching and how can we do it
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 12/2/2011 Program Number: 3421