More than ever before in history, humans are faced with an overwhelming amount of stress. This leads to debilitating illnesses, addictions, and depression. We need all the help we can get. Jed Diamond suggests that help can be found through energy healing, “[N]o matter how we got sick, no matter what the problem is, if you can get at the energetic under story and be able to heal things at the energetic level, then, in a sense, you also heal all the chemical actions up here. But, if you’re only dealing with the top stories you’re not dealing at the roots. You can be taking care of things up here, which we do in modern medicine with symptoms–we get the symptoms to go away–but we never get at the root of the problem.” This dialogue focuses on tools and resources to guide both men and women toward better health and well-being. (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Jed Diamond, Ph.D., is a licensed psychotherapist for over 40 years. He is an internationally respected leader in the men’s health movement and is the author of many books. He offers counseling to men, women, and couples in his office in Northern California or by phone with people throughout the U.S. and around the world.
He’s the author of:
- The Irritable Male Syndrome (Rodale Press 2004),
- Mr. Mean: Saving Your Relationship from the Irritable Male Syndrome (Numina Press 2010)
- MenAlive: Stop Killer Stress with Simple Energy Healing Tools (Fifth Wave Press 2012).
To learn more about the work of Dr. Jed Diamond go to www.menalive.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Why we are experiencing perpetual stress
- What are the two functional survival mechanisms: growth (maintenance & healing) and protection
- What is the difference between energy healing and traditional medicine
- How does energy healing help with depression
- What are the four kinds of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFTs)
- How chronic pain always has an emotional component
- How energy healing helps inflammation in the form of earthing
- What is the simple technique of heart coherence to help us move into calmness when stressed
- What is attachment love
- What is Diamond’s project “Save a Million Men”
- How is the “ship of empire” giving way to lifeboats of sustainability
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 7/15/2012 Program Number: 3445