What situations evoke the most powerful emotions and sensations in you? Are there themes in your life that keep repeating? The answers to these questions contain the keys to help you discover your waking dreams. Diane Kennedy Pike says, “We have the illusion that when we open our eyes in the morning, reality is ‘out there,’ and we are not participants in the creation of what appears in our lives.” Analyzing your daytime dramas as if they were nighttime dreams leads to better relationships, greater creativity and a richer understanding of what our life is about. (And it’s great for those of us who can’t remember our night dreams!) Hear the startlingly original techniques Pike developed for expanding traditional dream analysis and start reading the book of your own life.
Pike is co-director of the Teleos Institute, associate director of the Theater of Life and the author of Life As A Waking Dream: How to Explore Your Most Vivid Life Experiences (Riverhead 1997).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- The power of dreaming
- How to identify your major life themes
- How waking dreams can change your life
- The planetary impact of Princess Diana’s and Mother Teresa’s deaths
- How to identify a vivid life experience
- How waking dreams relate to your life’s purpose
- How to define your personal symbols and associations
Program Number: 2683 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 11/20/1997