Will a world without limitation bring us the freedom we crave? Or is the nature of freedom dependent on well placed constraints? We imagine greater wealth will bring freedom, and yet fame and riches often lead to increased fear and restriction. Vicki Robin discusses the multiple dimensions of freedom, including paradox, and how this relates to sustainability – both personal and planetary. “If we make certain choicesópersonally, socially, politically, culturally – there is an emergent, practical, beautiful, delicious and fun reality that is waiting for us to step into.” Learn how to align your life with the intentions of the Universe and discover your own personal path to freedom.
Robin is co-author with the late Joe Dominguez of Your Money or Your Life (Penguin 1999) and co-founder of The New Road Map Foundation.
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How your personal consumption patterns can lead to greater freedom and security
- How sustainability can enhance the quality of your life
- First hand accounts of the Synthesis Dialogues with H. H. the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala, India
- Why Americans have such a difficult time with “restraint”
- The secret to the phenomenal success of Your Money or Your Life
- The crucial role systems play in all our organizations
- The nature of right relationship with others
- What social capital is and how it can transform the world
Program Number: 2806 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 2/11/2000