Bhaerman discloses the current political landscape and how may we move beyond our present polarized positions. He believes that we won’t get to a new political culture by bringing opposites together in their differences, but to jump over those differences and find the virtues and values that 95% of Americans have in common. He says, ”The only thing that will make a difference is a unified moral authority of ‘We the people’ recognizing that we are the sovereign and that we have been divided and conquered. We must now gather around the virtues and values that we have in common and reestablish new governance. And this is governance by inference.” (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Steve Bhaerman is an author, humorist, and workshop leader. He’s also known as Swami Beyondananda, the “Cosmic Comic.”
He’s the author of:
- Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future and a Way to Get There From Here (with Bruce Lipton) (Hay House 2009)
- Duck Soup for the Soul : The Way of Living Louder and Laughing Longer (Hysteria Publications 1999)
To learn more about the work of Bhaerman go to www.wakeuplaughing.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Virtues and values that 95% of us hold in common
- How did conservative Joseph McCormick and progressive Steve Bhaerman join forces
- What is the essential question we are not asking about politics
- What is so extraordinary about what the U.S. founding fathers said about the rights of citizens
- What is an example of polar opposite organization coming together in a common cause. .
- What are to two life forces that describe the conservative and progressive political viewpoints
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 6/12/2012 Program Number: 3440