One of the oldest tools for revealing the territory of the unconscious, the Tarot has been used for centuries to tap deep levels of self-knowledge. Here, Arrien, a native Basque and anthropologist, speaks of universal archetypes in the Tarot, and how these archetypes can be used for self- understanding. The power of symbols and how they impact our life so much of the time is also covered by Arrien in this expressive dialogue.
Angeles Arrien, Ph.D. is an anthropologist and educator, and a consultant to the medical, academic, and corporate communities worldwide. She has taught at the University of California, California Institute of Integral Studies, the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, and the Alaya Institute, and is the founder of the Angeles Arrien Foundation for Cross-Cultural Education and Research.
Her books include:
- The Tarot Handbook: Practical Applications of Ancient Visual Symbols (Arcus Publishers 1987)
- The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary (HarperSanFrancisco 1993)
- Signs of Life: The Five Universal Shapes and How to Use Them (Tarcher 1998)
- The Nine Muses: A Mythological Path to Creativity (Tarcher/Putnam 2000)
- The Second Half of Life: Opening the Eight Gates of Wisdom (Sounds True 2005)
- Living in Gratitude: Mastering the Art of Giving Thanks Every Day, A MonthbyMonth Guide (Sounds True 2011)
To learn more about the work of Angeles Arrien go to www.angelesarrien.com.
Program Number: 2024 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 1/7/1987