“Many masters have said that every mind is a world, and it’s true. The world we think we see outside of us, is actually inside of us. It is just images in our imagination. It’s a dream. We’re dreaming constantly, and this has been known for centuries, not only in Mexico by the Toltec, but in Greece, in Rome, in India, and Egypt. Who is dreaming this story of your life? You are. If you don’t like your life, if you don’t like what you believe about yourself, you are the only one who can change it. It’s your world, it’s your dream.” These are the words of don Miguel Ruiz. In this dialogue we explore the fifth agreement which is added to the other four agreements: be impeccable with your word, don’t take anything personally, don’t make assumptions, and always do your best. He shares with us the fifth agreement which is: be skeptical, but learn to listen. (hosted by Michael Toms)
For nearly three decades, don Miguel Ruiz has shared his unique blend of ancient wisdom and modern-day awareness through lectures, workshops, and journeys to sacred sites around the world. His book The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom was a runaway bestseller, because it spoke to the hearts and minds of millions. Those four agreements are often quoted by teachers and practitioners alike: be impeccable with your word; don’t take anything personally; don’t make assumptions; and always do your best.
He has authored:
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Amber-Allen Publishing 1997)
- The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship (Amber-Allen Publishing 2002)
- The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (Amber-Allen Publishing 2010)
To learn more about the work of don Miguel Ruiz go to www.miguelruiz.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Who are the Toltec
- What is the fifth agreement
- How are we all messengers
- Why the edifice of knowledge and symbols does not represent truth
- Why the impeccability of our words are important
- What are the three attentions: victim, warrior, master
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 7/8/2010 Program Number: 3365