Is this really fat? “It’s a medical fact: Not all weight is really fat,” according to Elson Haas, M.D., who himself was 25-40 pounds overweight twenty-five years ago. After being inspired by a lecture on creating optimum health using nutrition, herbs and exercise, he began an experimental fasting and juicing program that lasted ten days and resulted in a 15-20 pound weight loss and an overall sense of well-being. So began an extraordinary odyssey of creating balance in his life and those of thousands of others in his medical practice over the years. “Most people in our culture live in a way that creates disease, which keeps the doctors very busy.” Haas has spun together for us a practical and personal approach to reach a balance in health and nutrition. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Elson Haas, M.D. is an integrated medicine practitioner with more than four decades of experience. He’s the Founder and Director of Haas Health Online and the Preventative Medical Center of Marin (PMCM).
He’s the author of:
- Staying Healthy with the Seasons (Celestial Arts 2003)
- Staying Healthy Shopper’s Guide (Celestial Arts, 1999)
- The False Fat Diet: The Revolutionary 21-Day Program for Losing the Weight You Think Is Fat (Ballantine, 2000)
- The Detox Diet, Third Edition: The Definitive Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus and Detox Plans (Ten Speed Press 2012)
- Staying Healthy with Nutrition: The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine (revised) (Celestial Arts 2006)
To learn more about the work of Dr. Elson Haas go to www.elsonhaas.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How you can improve your mental clarity, boost energy, and feel your absolute best
- How to drop 5-10 pounds within one week and 10-20 pounds within three weeks
- How to tell the difference between bloating and swelling versus adipose fat tissue
- What are the five important innovations to help battle against obesity
- How to recognize and deal with food cravings and metabolic disorders
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 7/21/2000 Program Number: 2826